you are not a resident of Canada at the time you apply for a refund;
- you purchased eligible goods for personal use, eligible short term
accommodation or both;
- you paid GST/HST on purchases of at least Can $200.00 before taxes
- you have original receipts (we do not accept photocopies, debit
or credit card slips;
- you have Proof of Export for the eligible goods you purchased in
- each receipt for eligible goods shows a minimum total purchase amount
(before taxes) of CAN$50; and the goods are removed from Canada within
60 days of the date you bought them.
and Print out the online application form. You will need the Adobe
Acrobat Reader to download this file. If you do not have it you
can download if for free from Adobe.
Copy the following address on a good sized envelope:
- Canadian Tax Refund, P.O. Box 42090, Vancouver, B.C. V6P 6S6,
3) Take this envelope with you to Canada and place your receipts
in this envelope. When you return home, mail the envelope and receipts
with your completed application signed and dated. You have up to
one year from the date of departure to make a claim.