Canada 4 Fishing
Canada Outfitters Guide
The Yukon Tourism & Visitor Information

Canada  Fishing Menu

Fishing Resorts

Flyin Fishing

Fishing Guides
& Charters

Camp & Fish

Ice Fishing

Northern Pike

Trout Fishing

Salmon Fishing

Arctic Char

Fishing Tips

Fish Recipes

Visitor Info

Your Yukon Visitor and Tourism info guide

Crossing the international border into Canada has changed since 9/11, the rules have been more strictly enforced and the traveller needs more information. While our borders are friendly, we do have strict rules and regulations as to what you can bring into Canada. Best to do a little reading first and be prepared to declare everything to our friendly Customs officials. If you don't follow the rules your trip can end in a big disappointment.

Canada Customs require that US citizens carry proof of residency, and some identification documents showing citizenship such as a US passport (this is the best), birth certificate, or baptismal certificate. Visitors from other countries should contact the Canadian Consulate or Embassy in your country. You will be required to carry at least a valid passport, and possibly a visa.


You must have a valid Yukon Angling Licence.
Yukon Angling Licenses and Salmon Conservation Catch Cards are available at:Environment Yukon offices, Fisheries and Oceans Canada office in Whitehorse, and most highway lodges, sporting goods stores and convenience stores. The current licence is valid from April 1, 2005 to March 31, 2006.

Licence Fees + GST

Yukon/Alaska* resident - Season $15
Canadian - Season $25, 6Day $15, 1Day - $10
Non-resident - Season $35, 6Day $20, 1 Day $10

Yukon residents over 65 and under 16 Free

*Alaska residents must produce a current Alaska Resident Sport Fishing Licence and government-issued photo identification.

Canadian residents and non-residents under 16 years of age may fish with or without a licence. If they are fishing without a licence, they must be accompanied by a licence hold and their catch is counted as part of the catch limit of that licence holder.

Salmon Conservation Catch Card
You must have a valid Salmon Conservation Catch Card if you want to fish for salmon in the Yukon. (Except for salmon in stocked lakes and kokanee) The current Catch Card is valid from April 1 to November 30, 2005. Catch Cards are available to licenced anglers only.

Catch Card Fees - GST extra

Yukon/Alaska* resident $10
Canadian resident $20, Non-resident $50 - Minor ( under 16) Free

For more details refer to or contact the Yukon Government Resources.


When do you need the Card?

- IMMEDIATELY Operators of motorized watercraft under 4m ( About 13.1 feet )

- IMMEDIATELY Operators of Personal Water Craft (i.e. Jet skis)

- IMMEDIATELY Operators born after April 1, 1983 (under 22 yrs old)

- Sept 15, 2009 - All Boaters

Pleasure boats coming by water or trailer need Customs entry permits at port of entry. Non-residents operating their pleasure craft in Canadian waters after 45 consecutive days do require proof of competency. (Up until the 46th consecutive day, they do not need to carry anything but the required safety equipment.)

As a non-resident visitor, you can claim a refund for goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) you paid on eligible goods and short-term accommodation while visiting Canada.

To qualify for a tax refund, you have to meet certain conditions.


1) Download and Print out the online application form. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to download this file. If you do not have it you can download if for free from Adobe.

2) Copy the following address on a good sized envelope:

CTR - Canadian Tax Refund, P.O. Box 42090, Vancouver, B.C. V6P 6S6, CANADA

3) Take this envelope with you to Canada and place your receipts in this envelope. When you return home, mail the envelope and receipts with your completed application signed and dated. You have up to one year from the date of departure to make a claim.

Best Viewed
1024 X 768

Fishing in Canada is a dream come true. Come fishing and visit .. in the Yukon.

Top of Page