Canada 4 Fishing
Canada Outfitters Guide
Ontario Tourism & Visitor Information

Canada 4 Fishing

Fishing - Arctic Char Page

Fishing Resorts

Flyin & Outposts

Fishing Guides
& Charters

Camp & Fish

Pond Fishing

Ice Fishing

Walleye Fishing

Northern Pike

Trout Fishing

Salmon Fishing

Bass Fishing

Muskie Fishing

Fishing Tips

Fish Recipes

Visitor Info

Your Ontario Visitor and Tourism info guide

Crossing the international border into Canada has changed since 9/11, the rules have been more strictly enforced and the traveller needs more information. While our borders are friendly, we do have strict rules and regulations as to what you can bring into Canada. Best to do a little reading first and be prepared to declare everything to our friendly Customs officials. If you don't follow the rules your trip can end in a big disappointment.

Canada Customs require that US citizens carry proof of residency, and some identification documents showing citizenship such as a US passport (this is the best), birth certificate, or baptismal certificate. Visitors from other countries should contact the Canadian Consulate or Embassy in your country. You will be required to carry at least a valid passport, and possibly a visa.

Note: Most Canadian residents need an Outdoors Card to fish in Ontario if they are at least 18 years old but have not reached their 65th birthday. Sportfishing or Conservation tags for one or three years are available.

Non-resident Fishing Licence fees stated are in effect until December 31, 2005. For the location of the licence issuer nearest you, contact the Ministry of Natural Resources.

Sport Fishing Licence - valid for the calendar year - $62.50
Conservation Fishing Licence - valid for the calendar year - $38.00
Seven-day Sport Fishing Licence - $40.00
Seven-day Conservation Fishing Licence - $23.50
One-Day Sport Fishing Licence (Great Lakes & connecting waters) - $16.50

Note: When do you need the Card?

- IMMEDIATELY Operators of motorized watercraft under 4m ( About 13.1 feet )

- IMMEDIATELY Operators of Personal Water Craft (i.e. Jet skis)

- IMMEDIATELY Operators born after April 1, 1983 (under 22 yrs old)

- Sept 15, 2009 - All Boaters

Pleasure boats coming by water or trailer need Customs entry permits at port of entry. Non-residents operating their pleasure craft in Canadian waters after 45 consecutive days do require proof of competency. (Up until the 46th consecutive day, they do not need to carry anything but the required safety equipment.)

As a non-resident visitor, you can claim a refund for goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) you paid on eligible goods and short-term accommodation while visiting Canada.

To qualify for a tax refund, you have to meet certain conditions.


1) Download and Print out the online application form. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to download this file. If you do not have it you can download if for free from Adobe.

2) Copy the following address on a good sized envelope:

CTR - Canadian Tax Refund, P.O. Box 42090, Vancouver, B.C. V6P 6S6, CANADA

3) Take this envelope with you to Canada and place your receipts in this envelope. When you return home, mail the envelope and receipts with your completed application signed and dated. You have up to one year from the date of departure to make a claim.


North West Ontario North East Ontario Southern Ontario North West Ontario North East Ontario Southern Ontario

Site Map
The savoury trout is one of natures great rewards. Come trout fishing in Ontario
Top of Page
Canada 4 Fishing