Canada 4 Fishing
Canada Outfitters Guide
Manitoba Tourism & Visitor Information

Canada  Fishing Menu


Fishing Resorts

Flyin & Outposts

Fishing Guides
& Charters

Camp & Fish

Ice Fishing

Walleye Fishing

Northern Pike

Trout Fishing

Bass Fishing

Fishing Tips

Fish Recipes

Visitor Info

Your Manitoba Visitor and Tourism info guide

Crossing the international border into Canada has changed since 9/11, the rules have been more strictly enforced and the traveller needs more information. While our borders are friendly, we do have strict rules and regulations as to what you can bring into Canada. Best to do a little reading first and be prepared to declare everything to our friendly Customs officials. If you don't follow the rules your trip can end in a big disappointment.

Canada Customs require that US citizens carry proof of residency, and some identification documents showing citizenship such as a US passport (this is the best), birth certificate, or baptismal certificate. Visitors from other countries should contact the Canadian Consulate or Embassy in your country. You will be required to carry at least a valid passport, and possibly a visa.

- Regulations for 2005 can be viewed at Gov't of Manitoba
Sportfishing Resident Canadian Resident Non-Resident
Conservation licence
$11.00 - (over 65 Free)
$20.00 $30.00
Regular licence
$40.00 $55.00
*Manitoba Resident anglers under the age of 16 do not require a licence to fish. All other under 16's must fish with a licence holder and be included within the holders limits or must purchase their own licence.

Note: When do you need the Card?

- IMMEDIATELY Operators of motorized watercraft under 4m ( About 13.1 feet )

- IMMEDIATELY Operators of Personal Water Craft (i.e. Jet skis)

- IMMEDIATELY Operators born after April 1, 1983 (under 22 yrs old)

- Sept 15, 2009 - All Boaters

Pleasure boats coming by water or trailer need Customs entry permits at port of entry. Non-residents operating their pleasure craft in Canadian waters after 45 consecutive days do require proof of competency. (Up until the 46th consecutive day, they do not need to carry anything but the required safety equipment.)

As a non-resident visitor, you can claim a refund for goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) you paid on eligible goods and short-term accommodation while visiting Canada.

To qualify for a tax refund, you have to meet certain conditions.

1) Download and Print out the online application form. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to download this file. If you do not have it you can download if for free from Adobe.
2) Copy the following address on a good sized envelope:
CTR - Canadian Tax Refund, P.O. Box 42090, Vancouver, B.C. V6P 6S6, CANADA

3) Take this envelope with you to Canada and place your receipts in this envelope. When you return home, mail the envelope and receipts with your completed application signed and dated. You have up to one year from the date of departure to make a claim.

Best Viewed
1024 X 768

A fishing trip in Canada can be a dream come true. Come fishing and visit us.. in Canada.

Top of Page